This Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy (“Policy”) applies to the theplayingbay.com website (“Website” or “Service”) and any of its related products and services (collectively, “Services”) and outlines how this Website operator (“Operator”, “we”, “us” or “our”) addresses copyright infringement notifications and how you (“you” or “your”) may submit a copyright infringement complaint.
Protection of intellectual property is of utmost importance to us and we ask our users and their authorized agents to do the same. It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notifications of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website. This DMCA policy was created with the DMCA policy generator.
Notifications of infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any material available on our Website or any of the services provided by us infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a written copyright infringement notification (“Notification”) using the contact details below pursuant to the DMCA. All such Notifications must comply with the DMCA requirements. You may refer to a DMCA takedown notice generator or other similar services to avoid making any mistakes and ensure compliance of your Notification.
Filing a DMCA complaint is the start of a pre-defined legal process. Your complaint will be reviewed for accuracy, validity, and completeness. If your complaint has satisfied these requirements, our response may include the removal or restriction of access to the allegedly infringing material.
If we remove or restrict access to materials or terminate an account in response to a Notification of alleged infringement, we will make a good faith effort to contact the affected user with information concerning the removal or restriction of access, which may include a full copy of your Notification (including your name, address, phone, and email address), along with instructions for filing a counter-notification.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any portion of this Policy, the Operator reserves the right to take no action upon receipt of a DMCA copyright infringement notification if it fails to comply with all the requirements of the DMCA for such notifications.
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
- * Provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- * Provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. You must also include a valid email address.
- * You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and include at least one search term under which the material appears on our website.
- * A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- * A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- * Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
Reporting copyright infringement
If you would like to notify us of the infringing material or activity, we encourage you to contact us using the details below:
Please allow 1-3 business days for an email response. Note that emailing your complaint to other parties such as our Internet Service Provider will not expedite your request and may result in a delayed response due to the complaint not properly being filed.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms related to the Website and Services at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways at our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided.
An updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Public link to our DMCA Policy
This document was last updated on December 29, 2021